Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Beckett's Last Words


I am a spoiler whore. Trying to stay away from spoilers has never been a successful endeavor for me. I attempted it once for the "Knockout" finale but I quickly realized that trying to avoid spoilers was more stressful than the thought that an episode might get ruined from me knowing too much, too soon. 


With that said, I wanted to bring up something that I read in a spoiler article a week or so ago. There are a few lucky bastards out there with media credentials who were able to watch the season 4 premiere of Castle early. I am jealous of them all. 


Throughout the "Rise" review articles I've seen, more than one had mentioned that they were not to, under any circumstances, reveal Beckett's last words of the premiere. 
I haven't been able to get that out of my head ever since. 


I already posted part of my theory on Twitter after those articles came out. My theory involved the location of the last scene more than her actual last words. But now that I've had more time to think about it, I finally have an actual guess. 


I think the last scene will probably take place with Beckett inside the therapist's office. I originally thought that maybe it was the swing set scene with Castle but after reading those articles, I thought that Beckett would have more of an opportunity to be completely and shockingly honest while in a therapy session. 


I am wondering if Beckett will end up leading Castle to believe something untrue about her feelings for him while keeping her real feelings bottled up for various reasons that will be revealed throughout the episode. Then in the end, and in my Castle fevered daydreams, the truth will come out and Beckett will end up revealing the truth within the safe confines of the Dr's office. I think and hope that Beckett will finally admit out loud that she is in love with Castle, possibly uttering the words "Castle is the love of my life." 


I know it's probably a far fetched theory but I can't get the possibility of it out of my head. Now that you know my theory, I would like to know yours. What do you think Beckett's final words will be?







3 comments:

  1. Love this blog- will try to check it as much as possible!
    I don't think they are even going to get as far as Beckett really expressing her feelings in the first episode. It sounds like they are going to move very slowly on the whole thing. I hate to say it but I don't think we're gonna get any kinda of resolution till maybe the end of the season! I am just so excited for the new season to start up I can't wait!
    I am also a little sad cause I am really gonna miss Capt. Montgomery. I am a bit worried that the dynamics of the precinct will change is a way that i don't really like :( However based on the track record for this show- I know what ever they do will be da bomb!

    t - 80 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment! Thank you, you've made my day! I'm so glad that you like it! I'm still trying to get used to the blog site & all the features but hopefully with time I'll get the hang of it. I'm really going to miss Captain Montgomery as well. I watch old episodes & get a little sad when I see him, knowing that he won't be coming back. As for Castle & Beckett, it's weird, but I have a feeling that we will end up being surprised at how much progress we really do see. Less than 3 days til we find out! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping maybe they will do a flash-back episode and bring back Ruben that way- a little contrived but it would make me happy.
    I actually tried very hard to avoid most of the spoilers all summer- but I broke down about 2 weeks ago watching the previews (previews are not spoilers -right? :). I try not to anticipate TOO much the direction they will go cause I want it to be all fresh and surprising. I am starting to get to the point where I can quote episodes from watching them so much.(even though my kids have me beat in that area!!) Can't wait for my season 3 dvds to show up in the mail (Maybe monday ? fingers crossed!:)
    T- 49 hours

    ReplyDelete